Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 200 amp main panel with 100 amp breaker

On May 27, 10:12�pm, wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:44:17 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
he basically wired his home and did a good job, but doesnt want to
bother with permits etc

Without bringing up the "insurance" boogie man I can still give you
the real reason for a permit.
Unless your PoCo has a great sense of humor they won't hook up your
new SE cable without one, or even reseal the meter if you pull it.
I hope you are not planning to work the SE conductors hot.

I have pulled a few meters in the past, the power company doesnt care
as long as they are informed immediately. the fellow thinking of this
is a volunteer fireman, trained to pull meters. he wants to avoid
fighting a fire at his home

did it to remove broken off fuse.....