Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Anyone familiar with coil winding machines ?

Smitty Two wrote in message
news
In article ,
"N_Cook" wrote:

With pulling off the spool axially and vertically don't you get problems
when the lead-out reaches the top of the supply spool? compared to

pulling
off
axially.

Not sure whether you meant to say "as opposed to pulling off radially?"
But in any case, I think that the way it's done on our winder provides
*consistent* tension. As I mentioned, a larger diameter spool does cause
problems, though.

This pic isn't very clear, but it's a "whisker disk" that is supposed to
sit on top of the spool to dampen oscillations as the wire dereels. We
found it to be counterproductive.

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/winder015.jpg

But what happens for the when the spool take-off reaches the very uppermost
turn and the wire is rubbing along the internal face of the spool and being
pulled through a softened right angle at the the spool rim ?