Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default 6" cut-off wheel in a bench grinder

Really? That is interesting! It could solve all kinds of other problems for
me. Canadian Tire have a small tile saw on sale from time to time for $50.

So you did not have any problems with the plastic melting? And you used
standard 4-1/2" cut-off wheels with the water bath? I just had a look at the
Dewalt tile saw manual. They warn strenuously against doing just that...BTW,
what is the rpm on the tile saw - same as an angle grinder?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

"Steve W." wrote in message

Go get one of the cheap tile saws that use a 4 1/2" grinder as the power
source. Replace the diamond blade with a cutoff wheel. Now you have a flat
table with built in cooling, the guide rails will steady the grinder and
give you a 90 degree cut.

I have one here that I used for a long time.

--
Steve W.