Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"CWatters" wrote in message
et...
Many families have two cars these days so if we assume that one of them
is a 500 mile range gas guzzler....is there any reason why most of the
"second" cars need have more than 100 mile range? If reliable 100 mile
range, acceptable acceleration and 70mph could be achieved I'd buy one.

We got rid of our second car some yers ago, replacing it with a 125cc
scooter. It's fine for local journeys and has at least a 100 mile range.
We don't need 70mph because we don't use it for that sort of journey -
why should we want to?

It probably chucks out so much muck that it makes a diesel bus look
clean.
Especially if its a two stroke.

It's not and it's clean. Don't know why I bother to say that because you
obviously think you know more about our lives than we do :-)

Nobody that uses a scooter or motor bike can claim to be clean.
No cats and burn oil.

You don't know much about modern scooters do you? I don't claim to know
about modern bikes and I was glad to be rid of the 'oily' Enfield but a
son's big Triumph is extremely clean, I was amazed.

I would be amazed too.
You obviously don't know much about bikes.
They don't even test emissions in the MOT test as they know they are so bad
most would fail any meaningful tests.

Mary