Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:57:01 +0100, Jon Green wrote:

Are buses still exempt? I never did understand why public transport
seemed to have the weakest emissions control of all.

Presumably beacuse the operators boards have friends and/or shareholders
in high places?

I find the hauliers demands yesterday of an "essential user" rebate rather
strange. To me an "essential user" would be the fire, ambulance and police
services and only those hauliers involved in the food and/or fuel supply
chain. Sorry but F.Bloggs Hauliers Ltd taking a pallet of widgets from A
to B is not an "essential user".

--
Cheers
Dave.