Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Whats this then?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Working in a 1960's (?) built house today with a lot of partition walls
removed & under the plaster/render was this;
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ngewall001.jpg

Never seen the like, what the kinell is it?

Some answers already. My school had what was grandly called "The Music
School" - built in the first half of the sixties. All the practise rooms
had ceilings made of this - open and visible. I think it was also used
in some of the walls.

I always assumed a) it was a compressed straw product b) it had sound
absorption properties.

Was that the Swedish or the Norwegian Kinells you mentioned?

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=0&gsln=Kinell&db=nypl&gss=genfact&_82 004280=Sweden

--
Rod

onset.