Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stupendous Man Stupendous Man is offline

Default A different kind of metal forming

Thanks guys.
The bike is rated to 140 MPH so the wind load could be heavy, in spite of
the fact that it will never go that fast with me riding it.
I have looked at some of the Tin Man's "article" pages, a restoration shop I
used to work for hired Kent to do all of our body work. He is the best metal
man I have seen. His pages state that aluminum bodywork ranged from .050 to
..090 with .063 being the standard.
I can't post pics of my hand-held wheel yet, I sent some parts out last week
with some car parts to be nickle plated. Imagine the frame as being the
circle a 6 footer like me can form with his arms. The tool was probably
intended for on-car repair, but held in a vise should be able to do some
good.
It's going to be a month or so before I begin, I'm just trying to learn what
I can beforehand, and not buy the wrong stuff. It looks like 3003 will be
it, 1100 would require a long trip or major shipping costs.
--
Stupendous Man,