Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Whats this then?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
Working in a 1960's (?) built house today with a lot of partition walls
removed & under the plaster/render was this;
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ngewall001.jpg

Never seen the like, what the kinell is it?

My house 1992 build has similar in the upstairs internal walls. It is a
bas***d to get any good anchoring on. The stuff in my house was made by a
company called Stramit http://www.stramit.co.uk/index.html. I know because
when we had a leak in the old shower the straw just soaked up the water and
eventually it was spotted due to a musty smell in an unused spare bedroom.
When I removed the straw wall to replace with PB etc for the En-Suite refit
the word Stramit was clearly visible on the surface.

HTH

John