Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Under counter sink not flush in granite counter

On May 27, 11:50*am, wrote:
On May 26, 9:45 pm, Ken wrote:

wrote:
Is there a standard for installing under mount sinks in a granite
counter? *The company who created the counter top cut the hole for the
sink about 1/4 inch larger than the sink opening all the way around so
that, when looking down from above, we see 1/4 inch of the stainless
steel sink.

--| * * *This is a side view
* |_
* * *|
* * *|

The guy who measured for the counter top didn't mention any options or
give any choices. Our neighbor has a granite counter and her sink is
flush.

* * * * When you had the cutout made for the sink, you had two options. *One
was a flush opening with the sidewalls of the sink, and the other is a
recessed one. *It sounds like you have the recessed option. *I would
hope you were consulted as to which one you wanted, for it is too late now.

The measuring guy took the template that came with the sink.
I did call the sink manufacturer and was told that there would be no
problem installing the sink flush if that is what we wanted so it's
not a matter of incorrect installation vrs correct.

I still think the guy who measured should have given me the option of
flush with the granite since I never even considered that there would
be another way to do it (which is why I'm starting to get annoyed when
people say I should have requested it... I never thought there was
more than one way it would be done and NOT this way!).

* I suppose a discount is the most I can hope for. This is why I'm
looking to the people here to tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

Joy

To make you feel better about it, if you have to revert to a top mount
for your sink, it is probably somewhat more sanitary, since there are
no overhanging ledges that are difficult to clean.

Joe