Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator Useage

On May 27, 5:32�pm, "RBM" wrote:
"Dottie" wrote in message

I am going to buy a generator this year (I'm in FL). �I have a chart
showing how many watts most appliances use but what I need is a chart
showing how many amps each appliance uses. �Does anyone know of a
chart online that I could print out? �Thanks.

Watts equals volts X amps. If you know the wattage, divide that number by
the voltage, (usually 120 for plug in appliances, and 240 for built in
cooktops, ranges, etc) and you will get your amperage

large generators are gasoline piggies.

have you considered a propane or natural gas generator??

todays gasoline spoils fast, even with stabilizer.

you dont need enough power to run your home normally, just run things
sequentially. small window AC kept just for emergencies, fridge,
freezer etc run one at a time.

leave enough capacity to help neighbors so they cant complain of the
noise