Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default 6" cut-off wheel in a bench grinder

"Michael Koblic" wrote:

I have to cut 2 perfectly matching slots in a 5 mm thick flat semicircular
piece of steel, each 15 mm by 5mm.
As per suggestion on another thread I doubled up on the hacksaw blades. This
gave me only just over 2 mm. Cutting this length with a file is not a
prospect I relish. I tried with a 3/32 cut-off wheel in a 4-1/2" grinder.
This works but holding the grinder in exactly right plane is tricky.

Know anyone with a surface grinder? Dress the wheel to 5mm far enough to do
the slot. Carbide em in a bridgeport. I'm assuming this is something
fairly hard.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller