Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"CWatters" wrote in message
et...
Many families have two cars these days so if we assume that one of them is
a 500 mile range gas guzzler....is there any reason why most of the
"second" cars need have more than 100 mile range? If reliable 100 mile
range, acceptable acceleration and 70mph could be achieved I'd buy one.

We got rid of our second car some yers ago, replacing it with a 125cc
scooter. It's fine for local journeys and has at least a 100 mile range. We
don't need 70mph because we don't use it for that sort of journey - why
should we want to?

A high potential speed doesn't necessarily mean a faster journey. A scooter
travelling well within any speed limit will arrive at a destination sooner
than legally driven cars most of the time.

Mary