Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
CWatters[_3_] CWatters[_3_] is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:13:07 on Tue,
27 May 2008, The Natural Philosopher remarked:
200 miles is a very large threshold. I'd use 50 miles as where "long
distance" starts.

Well I used 200miles because that is what is currently achievable at
decent performance with LI-Ion batteries.

Which car is that, then?
--
Roland Perry

Try this "home made" car built in 2004..

http://www.speedace.info/lithium_ion_electric_car.htm

http://greenerenergy.eu/cms/index.ph...tpage&Itemid=1

"official testing carried out by AEA Technology" ...

Extra urban cycle: 255 km/156 miles
**Urban cycle: 326 km/ 204 miles**
Urban cycle power consumption: 0.121 kWh/km
Extra urban cycle power consumption: 0.155 kwh/km
Maximum speed measured during tests: 114 kmh/71 mph
Useable energy stored in batteries: 39.6 kWh
Motor: Advanced DC with Regenerative Braking