Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

The Luggage wrote:
On 27 May, 15:23, "dennis@home" wrote:

Do you want to see the results of my MOT?
Particulates are so low they can't be measured

While the engine is running at full revs under no load. Exactly the
situation an engine finds itelf in most of the time. Not.

The MOT diesel particulates test is a joke. Until last year, I owned a
1993 vintage diesel Fiesta. It threw out plently of smoke under 'hard'
acceleration, but it passed the emissions test with flying colours, at
about 1/10 the permitted limit.

Yup. when te turbo hose split op the freelander. LOADS of black smoke.
Its not bad when running freely under light load, but push any non blown
diesel hard, and it will soot up badly. Blown is better, but even there,
you are shoving excess fuel in to get the peak power and that lowers the
oxygen:fuel ratio and soot results. Of course thats solid carbon, not
CO2 ;-)

TL