Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Identify these parts?

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in
:

Hi,

I have 2 parts in a SMPS that I think are PTC thermistors. One is
marked KC103P, the other KC221K, the first a blue disk looking just like
this: http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mod...=en/207356.xml

The second actually looks more like a huge blue tantalum cap, smaller
than the first but fatter, not a disc.

If you Google these, you come up with all those companies that can sell
you 1000 at a time, but I can't find any data to tell me what they are
or an equivalent.

http://www.galco.com/scripts/cgiip.e...t=cat&line=PAS
SIVE&cat=MOV&mfg=&source=ADWORDS&gclid=CPyUkqrYxpM CFQKaFQodjRz0Cg

metal oxide varistor. MOV

http://www.galco.com/circuit/TechTips-MOV.htm

Acts like a short circuit to voltage spikes.

--
bz

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap