Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default GFCI trips on a separate circuit

wrote in news:a41ae838-f7c8-4853-9da2-
:

Sometimes my microwave trips the other circuit that has our computers
on it, even though the appliance is on a different circuit at the far
end of the house. This happens maybe 1 out of 3 starts.

I've replaced the GFCI and it still trips; moved the microwave to a
third different circuit - same problem.

A GFCI trips when it senses that the current on the hot and return lines
are not the same [implying leakage to earth somewhere] or when there is a
significant voltage sensed on the safety ground.

Look for any way that currents flowing in the microwave's power circuit
could be getting to the GFCI for your computers.

The microwave has been working normally for almost 5 years, but has
recently started making a buzzing sound on start up.

Probably unrelated to your GFCI problem.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap