Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Richard Torrens" wrote in message
In article et,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:55:09 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

200 miles is a very large threshold. I'd use 50 miles as where "long
distance" starts.

Depends where you live. 50 miles is barely enough for our weekly
shopping run, the monthly one is 100 miles...

And how well does an electric car cope with altitude changes?

Properly designed, an electric car will have regen braking. This will
recover a significant amount of the potential energy when you go down
hill.

Provided, of course, you don't use the brake pedal!

The brake pedal does activate it.

Regen braking can also recover a significant amount of the KE used in town
driving - stop-start cycle.

Yep, where they shine. Many does on this thread think all cars only go on
motorways, so we should forget trying to advance matters and go back to the
1950s.