Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

Adrian wrote:
"Mary Fisher" gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

So how come 1.5kWh only gets the Pious two miles at slug-pace?

What's slug-pace?

Dog slow.

That's meaningless.

Maximum 30mph,

That's the limit in urban areas in UK.

...but more to the point...
and acceleration that would be outstripped by a glacier.

You've just completely discredited your statements.

You've never tried to keep a Pious in ZEV mode, then? Seriously, the
acceleration available before the petrol engine is kicked in
automatically is absolutely woeful.

It takes at least that time to re-charge a driver - efficiently and
enjoyably.

It takes about a minute for the passenger to swap seats with the
driver.

Why would you want to?

Why wouldn't two people share the driving?

Why are you in such a hurry?

Because I'd rather spend an hour at my destination than sat in a motorway
services?

You can't have done may 'site visits' then, In may cases the motorway
service station is INFINITELY preferable to them ;-)