Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

The articles are about the future. The electric Mini gets 200 miles
range and outperforms a Porche.

What does 'outperforms' mean?

If it means that it goes faster I'm not interested.

Speed.

A Porche is an extravagent status symbol which wouldn't do what we demand
of our Laguna Estate - which we use for fewer than 3,000 miles a year.

It also has zero emissions and a super smooth seamless ride. Fab!

I think it might be some time before there will be an electric or dual
powered vehicle which will meet our demands which is sad, we'll probably
be dead by then. If there was one now we'd use it.

Hybrids are availabe to suit your needs.