Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Skunk Remediation

"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in
:

Brief scenario:

SWMBO is visited LAST evening by neighbors who bring cougar pamphlet
and info that their cat and two neighboring dogs have been taken by a
cougar in the last week. Special instructions to keep pets in at
night, not to feed pets outside, special instructions on what to do in
case of cougar attack, yada yada yada.

Fast forward 24 hours. You guessed it. SWMBO leaves doggie door left
unsecured because it is more convenient to remind me about when I
don't do it. Things that MIGHT occur on my watch are IMPOSSIBLE on
hers. Cougar has sense and experience enough to let skunks alone, but
not our Lab/Rott mix. Dopey evades cougar, but finds skunk. Corgi is
pugnacious, narly, and has bitten me three times, but sensible enough
not to mess with skunks.

Now what do I do with a dog with skunk musk on it, and a house that is
not fit for company. (Arriving Tuesday from Houston)

groan

Steve

Wring out a lb of ground meet all over poochie. Put it out for the night.
Poochie goes away. Cougar goes away because he's not hungry any more.
Skunk no longer get surprised and doesn't spray. Everybody wins...well
except for poochie.