Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Skunk Remediation

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Oren
wrote:
On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:22:01 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

SteveB toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message
[snip]
I suggest you get another hobby and quit obsessing
over me. Maybe even get a life.

I actually have quite a few hobbies but setting you on edge has
more direct benefits.

The Ranger

Steve, even you have to admit this is funny.

Not nearly as funny as it's going to be when the skunk itself comes through
that unsecured doggie door... I can just see Steve's next post, a few days
from now: How do you get skunk smell out of drapes and carpet?

Skunks have to pretty provoked to spray. The family living under my deck
wanders into the kitchen for cat food on a semi-regular basis, and they
never spray anything. I can even go shoo them out and close the door, if
I'm of a mind, and they don't protest much. Of course, unlike dogs, cats
are smart enough not to provoke a skunk.

(Mythbusters wanted to test the various skunk spray remedies, and they
couldn't get a skunk to spray no matter what they did to it.)