Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Pipe benders

"William Noble" wrote in message
what kinds of bends are you planning? remember a video posted here about
a gentleman making wind instruments - he used wooden dies to bend brass
tubing, and filled tubing with pitch (or low metlt metal) to prevent
collapsing - maybe you don't need a new tool after all (sorry to bring
possibly bad news)

That is the thing: I am sort of at the concept stage.
The immediate thought is for sundial face supports and decorative/unusual
gnomons.
This would make it mainly solids, flat, square or round.
However, I have been toying with other ideas and copper pipe is a definite
possibility.

It's like this:
Sometimes you have a job and looking for a tool to do it.
Sometimes you come across a tool you did not know existed and start
wondering "what can this thing do for me?"

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC