Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Ikea light fixtures - how to mount?

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
news:490d5cf8880f6ce60a226717f541b9ccnp@goofysplac e.com...
Nate Nagel wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive.

The more I look at them the more I think I'm missing a little "hardware
pack" consisting of simply some wood screws and plastic anchors and that
these really do screw into the drywall.

http://members.cox.net/njnagel2/ligh...tfixtures.html

It looks like it might be missing a metal strip that mounts on the
junction
box, then the fixture gets screwed to the metal strip.

Sorta like this:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2igi1qx.jpg

--
It takes a big man to cry,
but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handey

Take back Usenet -- http://improve-usenet.org

The bar it requires is like your diagram, except it has a second bar, with a
joint flexibly connecting them together at the center. This way it can be
attached to a variety of boxes, mounted in a variety of positions