Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Major Debacle Major Debacle is offline

Default Availability of Japanese fluorescent lamps in America

Hi,

I need an FSL-520-D Japanese style fluorescent lamp. It is unlike an
American style lamp in that it only has one electrode at each end. An
American style lamp flickers and overheats when plugged into this
Japanese style fixture. Does anyone know where I might be able to
procure these FSL-520-D Japanese style fluorescent lamps?

The AC voltage across this Japanese fluorescent fixture when plugged
into a 110-120 American socket is about 600 volts measured with a
standard American multimeter. Just for my own edification, does anyone
know how this kind of fixture differs in its operation from an American
style fluorescent fixture?