Posted to alt.home.repair
AE Todd AE Todd is offline

Default Sump Pump Question

I have a pedestal sump pump set in a fairly deep pit, roughly 30", and
it is time to replace the pump. Most squat pumps will turn on at very
low water levels, but mine starts when the pit is fully filled, and
stops when emptied, and I am looking to replicate this feature so that
it cycles less often. Do all pedestal pumps work this way? Would any
other type of sump pump work in the same way? (I hear that pedestal
pumps are noisier and I am open to other types that would be
quieter.) Any suggestions on types or brands? By the way, my
pedestal pump has a tethered float that is at the end of a rope.