Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default Putting a Chrysler car radio in a Ford

Many more recent car radios have "Face Off" security. The front panel
is removable and is supposed to be taken with you when you leave the
car.

That's been around for decades, in the last 10 years or so practically
every aftermarket unit is detachable face, but decent ones also have a
security code. It's a hassle to take the face off everywhere, I only
remove mine when I park in a sketchy area, if someone does make off with
it some other time, it'll be useless. Amazes me anyone still steals car
stereos, they're so cheap now, I guess junkies will rip off anything
that isn't nailed down and some things that are.