Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw

In article , A.Lee
writes
fred wrote:

For those wanting a bit more capacity than the recent Aldi offering and
not having an aversion to lower cost power tools, B&Q have a 250mm
MacAllister 1800W Double Bevel Slide Compound Mitre Saw at £119, reduced
from £169.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...condid=9286368

I bought the 300mm (305mm?) version 6 months or so ago for, iirc, £140.
Not had a problem with it yet. The angled dials are slightly out, so for
a straight cut you need to set it at around 2 degrees, but that is soon
sorted with a few test cuts when you first try it.
It is a rather harsh motor, and quite noisy. With the supplied blade it
gives pretty decent clean cuts.I keep meaning to buy a good quality
blade, but have never got round to doing it, though I should do really,
as a good blade would make it better I'd think.
Overall very good value.
Alan.

Thanks for the reply.

Mine appears to be true to the dials so far.

I agree that it's unrefined but I'd say it's fit for the purpose I
bought it for.

Plunge cut before sliding needs to be gentle to get the truest edge,
perhaps a confirmation of Dave P's suggestion of lack of rigidity.
--
fred