Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

A.Lee wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

I need a petrol strimmer. Basic requirements a
Long - must reach the ground when I am standing up - something most
tools of this sort seem to fail to do!
Usage will be relatively light - an hour a week perhaps trimming
edges, round and under trees etc.
It would be handy if it could take a hedge trimmer attachment - I
have one tall evergreen hedge about 60' long that could use the
occasional taming. The extra reach would be handy - I don't have a
hedge trimmer at all at the moment.
Any recommendations?

I think I went into detail about this last year on another group. I
set up on my own as a gardener/handyman last May and spent a lot on
new gardening equipment.

Do you still do much gardening work Alan?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk