Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

A.Lee wrote:

I think I went into detail about this last year on another group. I set
up on my own as a gardener/handyman last May and spent a lot on new
gardening equipment.

It being a wet bank holiday I may venture off to the spiritual home for
such occasions (a garden centre!)

A local dealer then showed me the Tanaka range of strimmers/hedge
cutters/chainsaws. I was smitten. They felt good in the hands, and the
dealer recommended them for everyday use - just as reliable as a Stihl
product he reckoned. So I bought the strimmer/brushcutter, and an 18"
hedge cutter (both petrol).
http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/su...ters-0000367.a
spx
http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...OL_HEDGECUTTER
S_1088.html

Ta, another option.

Just notices that Lawson have some Makita strimmers:

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...%20Linecutters

I have been quite impressed with their engine on a chainsaw I used, and
the main machine price looks quite competitive. The hedge trimmer
accessory is pricey mind you. Anyone ever seen these in the flesh?

--
Cheers,

John.