Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthony Diodati Anthony Diodati is offline

Default Sub panel confusion

"buffalobill's" short and sweet answer is correct.

What it does,basically, is gives you extra spaces for more breakers,so you
can run additional circuits. More or less an extension off of the main
panel.
The only way to increase the amount of
current that enters your house , or better said, the amount of current
available
to use in your house, is a service up grade.
New main panel, larger wire going to and coming from the electric meter, and
often times larger wire from the power company's transformer.
Tony

"buffalobill" wrote in message
On May 26, 3:46 am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm confused about the very essense of a sub panel: is it just a
glorified junction box or can it actually increase the amount of
current that enters your house? For example, if I want to increase the
amount of current from 100amp to 150amps can I accomplish that with a
sub panel?

Thanks.

Aaron

no.