Posted to alt.home.repair
Erik[_4_] Erik[_4_] is offline

Default Craftsman Warranty

In article ,
Puddin' Man wrote:

About 12 years ago I bought one of those "Best Buy" Craftsman garden
hoses. The hose material itsownself looks like it might outlive me,
but the threaded aluminum connector on the end is flimsy.

The unit hasn't been mis-used at all, but the connector is bent.
It leaks a fair amount. It has a "forever" warranty.

If I drained the damned thing, packed it up, and brought it to a
Sears store for replacement, what should I expect? Do they *really*
honor their warranties?

Thx,

" ... and the bees made honey in the lion's head."
- from "If I Had My Way", Blind Willie Johnson

I've taken back a few hoses with no problems. However, none in the last
couple of years. One had obviously been run over with the mower... they
didn't seem to care. Your mileage may vary.

Through the years I've exchanged literally thousands of pounds of
broken/worn out commercially hard used Craftsman hand tools... most
originally bought in the late 60's and early 70's. Rarely do I get any
guff, and when I do, it's almost always from a new employee.

That warranty is a good deal, take advantage of it! It's sure saved us a
bundle!

Erik