Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthony Diodati Anthony Diodati is offline

Default Sounds like my Inifinite Switch

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article EJl_j.779$nx6.135@trnddc03,

FYI, a new infinite switch is on the order of ten bucks. It may be clear
to you that you know how to use a VOM, (structure the test logically and
interpret the results intelligently) but it isn't entirely clear to me
from what you've said so far.

For example, you say you're measuring resistance, but that isn't
something you should do on a live circuit,

and there shouldn't be
continuity between input and output if the switch is off.

The circuit was NOT live, Stove was unpluged, and the switch was ON high.
All 5 leads were removed from the switch.
Where did I say or sound like I was testing continuity with power running
though the switch. I would think doing so would blow my meter.

Again, Switch *ON* high, All 5 leads UN PLUGED, Stove UNPLUGED.
Between L1 and P, continuity.
Between L1 and H1,continuity.
Between L2 and H2, NO continuity.
Receptial is new, and burner measures ~ 25 ohms restinance.

It might be more appropriate to check the voltage across the line
terminals, and the voltage across the load terminals, with the stove
plugged in and burner set to HI.

The L1 and L2 are both hot.even with the switch off.
They come right off the terminal block.
With switch on High,(stove plugged in of course) there in no reading between
H1 and H2.
H1 and H2 go to the burner.
Tony