Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default Craftsman Warranty

DGDevin wrote:
Puddin' Man wrote:

About 12 years ago I bought one of those "Best Buy" Craftsman garden
hoses. The hose material itsownself looks like it might outlive me,
but the threaded aluminum connector on the end is flimsy.

The unit hasn't been mis-used at all, but the connector is bent.
It leaks a fair amount. It has a "forever" warranty.

Considering the value of your time and the price of gas etc. it might make
more sense to pick up a new connector at your local hardware store for a few
dollars and install it in a couple of minutes. When I did that recently I
even found a connector that wasn't made in China, amazing.

Sears lost my business years ago due to their use of spam e-mail to promote
their home improvement business, the decline in the quality of their tools
over the years just makes my decision to shop elsewhere even better.

Amen. I have many Craftsman tools that I bought in the 50s & 60s. They
were and still are superb. I view today's Craftsman tools as worse than
junk.

Boden