Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Kitchen countertops

"Banty" wrote

Using a little sense and coordination. We haven't had that issue. And
there's
always the issue of what would fall on the floor in a kitchen anyway. We
have a
mix of earthenware and pyrex, nothing broken yet. On the other hand, when
I had
a formica top, a pyrex plate fell on the corner of the sink and busted
into a
bazillion pieces. OK - so, one plate down, clean up - the world didn't
end.

I think there are perfectly good options other than granite and engineered
stone
(although I have granite). But I think this "breaks everything" bit is
just a
selling rant for other countertops. If you're particularly clumsy, then
don't.
Don't have a tile or even a hardwood floor either. But then, maybe you
should
stick to plastic anyway ;-)

Banty

Hold your phone calls, folks, we have a winner!

I have granite and travertine in one particular kitchen. If you drop
something, it's a coin flip whether it's a big deal or not. I've had stuff
not break. People who drop a lot of things need to go get checked. Or as
Banty suggests, stick to RubberMaid and Tupperware.

Steve