Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Strange followup to my ironwood post

Mac,
I just picked up a good sized Big Leaf Maple with a lot of figure in
it today. I will do a few bowls that size, just because I can, but in
the past, those are a pretty limited market.

Ralph,
I went to Portland (all the way from Eugene)last summer just to check
out the lathes because I wanted to up grade. I didn't even consider
the Oneway, no sliding headstock, and my lathe sits in a corner. I
have seen the Serious in the past, and the same thing. The Stubby
didn't impress me, and the coring systems won't fit on it. I did take
a long look at the VB 36, but even with the bar extentions, it still
said 'Bowl Lathe' to me, and I do some spindles. Thus far, I have only
turned about 40 or so bowls on the Robust, but it is worth the money.

Kids and their toys!!!

Robust robo hippy

On May 25, 5:57*pm, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article
,
*robo hippy wrote:

Mac,
The Robust is a step up from the PM. It has 3 hp, sliding headstock,
25 inch throw, bed estention so between centers is close to 5 feet,
tilt away tailstock gizmo, 750 pounds, adjustable legs, and is made in
the USA. Bigger, heavier, more power. Insert Tim the 'Tool Man' Taylor
proto simian grunts. This will be the last lathe that I own, but I may
want a smaller one for the little things. Seems kind of rediculous to
turn small tops on it.

* Portland made the Robust my dream lathe..... It is simply impressive

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found athttp://www.ralphandellen.us/rv