Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Smith Chart Amusements - SmithChartDoodles.JPG

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 25 May 2008 09:35:11 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 25 May 2008 17:06:35 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
See attachment.

I'm trying to remember from 40+ years back, when I last used a Smith
Chart... what do the circular patterns mean?
There's a series of articles in Practical Wireless starting last month
called something like - Smith charts for the slightly miffed, but I think
its probably more basic than you want.

Don't be too sure ;-) It's been a very long time ago. Is "Practical
Wireless" web-accessible?

Multiple resonances can look a lot wilder than your chart, almost like a
coughed-up hairball. Take a peek at figure 3:

http://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/...iewFile/234/86

In simplistic terms, my plot is a water-filled capacitor ;-)

Nah, must be filled with beer or champagne because of all them bubbles :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.