Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthony Diodati Anthony Diodati is offline

Default Sounds like my Inifinite Switch

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article Spc_j.2373$u7.1181@trnddc07,
"Anthony Diodati" mrbreezeet1NO wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
I would suggest it is likely the switch and that 30V is ghost
voltage.
If you use an old analog meter it will likely show zero. It just means
some wires are running close to each other but the insulation is still
in
place.

Yea, like I said, L2 to H2 is showing open, (No continuity) So it looks
like
a new switch is in order.
I did take the switch apart and filed the contacts, but still no go.
Looked like a little piece of the bi metal strip was broke off.
Thanks, Tony

So bypass the switch for confirmation. Short the load to the line and
see whether the burner heats up. Robert Shaw Controls is a source of
infinite switches. I've got an old catalog but maybe they're on the web.

Yea, I thought of that, but I am 99.9% sure it is the switch.
One leg is not passing through L2 To H2.
I am trying to dig up one from a junk stove,as it is not my stove, I am
renting.
I'm sure the landlord would pay for the part,but I'd like to fix it for us.
I usually take the parts for anything off the rent, but I sort of "owe" him
a favor.
No one in "cyber space" happens to be junking a GE stove, they could send me
a switch, I will pay for the shipping?
I lived with out this back burner for about 6 months, so I can live without
it for a while longer.
This project in now on a back burner...............LOL
Tony