Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default convert keyless drill to keyed?

On Sun, 25 May 2008 05:29:59 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On May 25, 12:08Â*am, "ans" wrote:
We have a 1/2" skil corded drill with a keyless chuck. Is there a way to
convert it to a keyed chuck?

Thanks.

You can replace it but a good 1/2" might cost more than a new decent
drill.

My recommendation too. The only keyless chuck drill I bought at a
garage sale had an integral shaft to the motor drive. The chuck is
not removeable from this shaft. My impression is drills are so cheap
nowadays (essentially throwaways) that they might as well save on the
manufacture and assembly of a gear train. Nobody repairs drills to
care.