Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Strange followup to my ironwood post

On Sun, 25 May 2008 08:11:58 -0700 (PDT), robo hippy
wrote:

Mac,
The Robust is a step up from the PM. It has 3 hp, sliding headstock,
25 inch throw, bed estention so between centers is close to 5 feet,
tilt away tailstock gizmo, 750 pounds, adjustable legs, and is made in
the USA. Bigger, heavier, more power. Insert Tim the 'Tool Man' Taylor
proto simian grunts. This will be the last lathe that I own, but I may
want a smaller one for the little things. Seems kind of rediculous to
turn small tops on it.

Wow.. sounds like a LOT of lathe...

Are you turning stuff that big now?
Mega coring!

I didn't really need the Nova, just wanted a toy, kind of..
The 16" swing is overkill with the wood supply here..
The jet 1442 was doing the job and I probably could have just used the mini..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing