Upscale

Default Wheels for entertainment center

"Tim L." wrote in message

What kind of wheels can I put on the entertainment center I am
building. It is gonna weigh a ton with TV on it. It will need to be
able to roll on carpet.

Rolling on carpet is going to make it difficult. The bigger and wider the
wheels, the easier it will be. That means the base part hiding the wheels
will have to be quite a bit higher wasting more space. On the entertainment
centre I built which is 5' High x 6' Long x 21" Deep, I used 10 each of 3"
castors spaced approximately 2 of them every foot. But, that's on a hardwood
floor with no carpet since rolling my wheelchair on a carpet is like rolling
through thick mud. I built it this way because of the need to roll it out to
get in behind for wiring purposes. I figure with the stereo and peripherals,
32" TV and glass doors, the entire setup weighs about 700 lbs.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help you with a carpet problem. In my case, I'd
cut the carpet away around the semi-permanent resting place of the
entertainment centre and have the ability of rolling that part of the carpet
away when the centre needed moving. If you've got wall to wall carpet that's
attached, then you've got a problem.