Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_3_] The Ranger[_3_] is offline

Default Craftsman Warranty

[Borrowing David Nebenzahl's posted
message
s.com]

On 5/24/2008 8:12 PM Puddin' Man spake thus:
About 12 years ago I bought one of those "Best Buy"
Craftsman garden hoses. The hose material itsownself
looks like it might outlive me, but the threaded aluminum
connector on the end is flimsy.
The unit hasn't been mis-used at all, but the connector
is bent. It leaks a fair amount. It has a "forever" warranty.

If I drained the damned thing, packed it up, and brought
it to a Sears store for replacement, what should I
expect? Do they *really* honor their warranties?

Yes, they still honor the Craftsman warranties on the tools.
You might not find that exact hose still stocked but they'll
provide a similar product. Have you attempted to "bend" the
end-fitting back into shape with pliers or other toothed tools?
If so, that might make returning it more difficult (they'll
still accept it but you'll have to stand there longer and
probably talk to a lead or dept. manager. BTW: If you change
out the end-fitting, though, it'll void the warranty when the
hose does finally deteriorate.

The Ranger