Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Garage Upgrade - Climate Control

"Rob" wrote in message
I am inheriting a very good condition 1960's Buick convertible. I have a
two car detached garage already waiting to be the car's new home, but the
garage is not heated or climate controlled. It is a 1940's frame garage
with asphalt shingle roof with stud walls and a poured cement floor. It is
already wired for electricity with lights and outlets. Overall the garage
is in very good condition, but I do notice that is is somewhat damp inside
and this concerns me for maintaining the car in a good condition in a
relatively dry storage environment.

Cars last longer in unheated garages, or at least cars that are daily
drivers do. So there's one thing you probably don't need to worry about.
Just buy some plug-in dehumidifier (if you can find one big enough for the
room) and have a hose drain the water to someplace outside. Considering
that it's a convertible, humidity is probably your #1 concern.

Or, sell the car! ;-)