Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Strange followup to my ironwood post

Mac,
The Robust is a step up from the PM. It has 3 hp, sliding headstock,
25 inch throw, bed estention so between centers is close to 5 feet,
tilt away tailstock gizmo, 750 pounds, adjustable legs, and is made in
the USA. Bigger, heavier, more power. Insert Tim the 'Tool Man' Taylor
proto simian grunts. This will be the last lathe that I own, but I may
want a smaller one for the little things. Seems kind of rediculous to
turn small tops on it.

The articulated hollowing tools are great, no big bar to lift, finger
light pressure to cut. It works great for boxes also, a carbide disc
cutter leaves a 220 grit surface with little or no effort. I have been
doing a lot of small cup and other end grain shapes, not just hollow
forms. More Toys!!!!!

robo hippy

On May 25, 7:26*am, mac davis wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2008 19:33:06 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

wrote:

Very nice. *Sounds to me that you need to make one for the lady to buy!
Maybe a match or one to compare - like on a mantle or sideboard...

Might get a his and hers!

Martin

Thanks, Martin...

Hopefully, there will never be a matching one... I was just something that
happened because of the shape of the chunk of ironwood and the bark pattern...
After a few "commissions from hell" I don't ever want to try to make 2 or more
of anything the same..;-[

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

mac davis wrote: