Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Robinette Frank Robinette is offline

Default Pergo laminate floors: Lowe's vs. Home Depot

On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:08:51 -0400, Ray K
wrote:

Lowe's sells a line called American Cottage. HD sells a line called
Prestige. A carton of either contains 7 planks, covering 17.59 sq ft.
Each plank is identical in all three dimensions, and the planks
interlock with each other. The only visible difference is than the
American Cottage comes with a blue attached foam underlayment; the
Prestige's foam is white. Lowe's charges $59.27 per carton ($3.37 per sq
ft), vs. HD's $52.24 per carton ($2.97 per sq ft).

Using a key, I tried to scratch the surfaces of samples I've bought;
both are equally resistant.

Ignoring any special promotions or discounts for opening a credit card,
can anyone see a reason (related to the quality of the product) to buy
the more expensive Lowe's product?

Thanks,

Ray

No difference in composition lowes sells the same product as home
depot, but the box is different, and the color selection is different.
Same locking system and wear layer... My suggestion is go home depot