Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray K Ray K is offline

Default Pergo laminate floors: Lowe's vs. Home Depot

Lowe's sells a line called American Cottage. HD sells a line called
Prestige. A carton of either contains 7 planks, covering 17.59 sq ft.
Each plank is identical in all three dimensions, and the planks
interlock with each other. The only visible difference is than the
American Cottage comes with a blue attached foam underlayment; the
Prestige's foam is white. Lowe's charges $59.27 per carton ($3.37 per sq
ft), vs. HD's $52.24 per carton ($2.97 per sq ft).

Using a key, I tried to scratch the surfaces of samples I've bought;
both are equally resistant.

Ignoring any special promotions or discounts for opening a credit card,
can anyone see a reason (related to the quality of the product) to buy
the more expensive Lowe's product?

Thanks,

Ray