Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Strange followup to my ironwood post

Gee Mac, guess you will have to get some more toys. I just got my
Robust, and a Monster articulated hollowing system. The articulates
systems are great for smaller hollow forms up to about 8 inches deep.
They make hollowing easy. I have 2 shows to get ready for in July,
along with the Olympic track and field trials here in town. Maybe I
can have my Robust paid off by the end of that.
robo hippy

On May 24, 4:29*pm, mac davis wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:12:18 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On May 24, 10:37 am, mac davis wrote:
VERY strange week!
I don't know how to make this short, so try to bear with me..

SNIP of great story

If I wasn't in the middle of all this, I wouldn't of believed it... Sometimes
life just works out, ya know?

All I can say is congrats! on selling out. *I don't know if I would
have saved anything for the gallery or not.... probably not.

But I do think you protest a bit much....

How nice is it to turn out a product that is so well received and
liked that people will buy every piece you made?

Enjoy the moment! *Good work.

Robert

Thanks, Robert...

No protest involved, I just thought that the way it played out was interesting,
to say the least. *;-]

I do have mixed feelings about the gallery, though..
It's a new one that a local sculptor just built and I do need the exposure....
OTOH, I only have a few collectors/supporters so far and I try to make them my
first priority... Sort of on the fence there..

Since my stuff is being displayed with his sculptures, a successful local
painter and a guy that does high-end pottery, he only "invited" me to display my
more expensive stuff.. Which my clients bought or reserved most of..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing