Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw

On 2008-05-24 18:03:48 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

I wonder which machine has the safest guard.. my really cheap circular
saw (Argos £8) with a metal guard or my Hitachi circular saw with its
half plastic guard? Both cover about the same amount of blade and both
move correctly.

Where's the third saw?

???

A guard can only be the safest if there are more than two.

My Hitachi saw hasa metal guard.

My Hitachi doesn't.

Why the £8 saw you ask, well its not very safe putting a metal cutting
disk in a saw with a plastic guard and an £8 saw is much safer than an
£200 angle grinder for cutting wire mesh.

SHould a metal cutting disc be put into a saw at all? Did you ask
Argos whether their tool is designed for that purpose?

Why not?
Why would I ask Argos when I have a user guide?

Does the user guide say that you can?