Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default -probably_junk- Disaster waiting to happen? Using PVC fordeck supports???

Steel burns? I guess I learned something new today.
Anything will burn at the right temp.- Hide quoted text -
So there's no difference between burning and melting?
Sure there is. Steel will do either (or both) depending on the conditions.

Exactly, the perfect example is to consider what is actually happening
when you squeeze the lever on a cutting torch.- Hide quoted text -

That, imho, is a perfect example of melting, not "burning"

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...6/gen06008.htm

Actually no, consider what the extra oxygen supplied when you squeeze
the lever is supporting.