Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Drywall/painting question

In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Quick question: I have just finished scraping wallpaper off
a wall that the previous bozos ... I mean, homeowners ...
hadn't bothered to prime, paint or size. The other walls had
been painted, luckily. I scraped off a gouge before I realized
this wall was different, also I used a paper tiger and was a
little zealous in a few spots and left dings in the drywall paper.

Can I just use drywall patch over those small areas, then paint?
Googling, I saw that someone had a problem doing that, that
they should have shellac-ed over the damaged areas first.

After all this work, I don't want to make more work for myself
by skipping a step. Thanks for any help you can give me.

nancy

If the dings are small I'd just mud over 'em. Larger, maybe use some
tape and a larger mud patch, feathered of course.