Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew Ames[_2_] Matthew Ames[_2_] is offline

Default Home based CCTV systems

I am wondering about sticking in a CCTV system once I have sold my dogs.
What I am ideally looking for is a system that can take an input from up to
4 camera, record to an internal HDD, and ideally have network (RJ45)
connectivity, so I can review the goings on from a PC (either when at home,
or via ADSL/VPN).

Some systems I have seen only seem to have BNC output for localised
viewing, and ideally I don't want a another CRT in the house, and therefore
want the ability to either view via a PC monitor (D-sub 15 pin), or say via
my web browser (or a specific application on my PC).

Initially I would start off with 2 external mounted cameras so would need IR
as well.

Cheers,
Matt